Thursday, July 25, 2013

Squashing the Controversy.

Hello all,

First of all, before I rant.  I want to thank all my readers for helping me reach over 6,000 page views.  I invite you all to subscribe to the mailing list so you can be up to date whenever I post.

Now, to squash the controversy.  I allowed a guest blogger to post their opinion of life in Quito on my blog.  When this blog was posted I got a few comments privately in regards to his slightly negative stance on life in Quito. 

I promised from day one that my blog would highlight the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY about what life can potentially be like for a gringo moving here.  It would not be fair for me to fall back on my promise and censor a guest blogger's opinion because it may have a negative impact on my business www.themiddleoftheworld.com .

Now I have to disclose I personally love Quito, this city is not for everyone.  My guest blogger has had some experiences that he felt he should share with other potential expats to this city.  Everyone will develop their own opinion of the city and some of those opinions will not paint a rosy Garden of Eden like picture of this growing metropolis.

I think the best thing anyone can do with ANY INFORMATION they read on the Internet about Quito or the rest of Ecuador is put it all in perspective that you are merely reading peoples opinions, marketing literature designed to persuade you to fall in love with the country, or literature designed to keep you away.  When deciding if Ecuador is right for you the best step is to first SCOUT the country on a 2 or 3 week visit to feel it out before deciding if this country is right for you.

Mike
www.themiddleoftheworld.com


No comments:

Post a Comment